Job Title: Camp Director, Kimama-Bereisheet Day Camp
Duration of employment: June – Aug/2020
Position Purpose: General management and responsibility for Camp Kimama-Bereisheet with the goal of furthering Bereisheet’s and Kimama’s mission for Summer camps through the development and management of: educational programming, human resources, financial operations, and written and verbal communications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, implement, and evaluate the program for the camp Israeli-American community in NJ and NYC.so that it meets the needs and align with the interest and goals of the
- Maintain positive relationships and consistent communication with stakeholders from Kimama and Bereisheet, Inc. through regular meetings and conference calls.
- Continually seek and analyze input from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of all programs. Find ways to improve the program on-the-go based on the feedback received.
- Work with the camp operations director to ensure smooth processes for transportation, housing and care for the shlichim before, during and after their daily schedule.
- Recruit, interview, and hire additional staff members (camp counselors, unit heads, counselors and specialists) per demand.
- Supervise and support all staff members. Oversee the summer teams design of summer calendar, daily schedule, and the content of Israeli culture programming and summer programing.
- Work with the camp operations director on all logistical aspects for camp, including but not limited to: bussing, vendors, supplies, campground, insurance, required permits etc.
The Camp Director must be a well-organized, self starter individual, who can think strategically and is able to meticulously manage day-to-day details. The applicant must be able to communicate effectively in English, with a Hebrew fluency at the level of a native Israeli speaker. Prior experience as a leader in Israeli-American communities within the United States is preferred.
The applicant should have strong organizational skills and relevant experience, preferably gained while working with children and young adults in an educational or recreational setting. Familiarity with a summer camp environment is a plus.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org